Who is Eligible?
To participate in Virginia Tech’s Upward Bound program, a student must be a high school student attending one of the following schools:
- Floyd County: Floyd High School
- Franklin County: Franklin High School
- Giles County: Giles & Narrows High Schools
- Henry County: Bassett & Magna Vista High Schools
- Lynchburg: E.C. Glass & Heritage High Schools
- Pulaski County: Pulaski High School
- Salem City: Salem High School
- Roanoke City: William Fleming and Patrick Henry High Schools
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or;
- Is a permanent resident of the United States or;
- Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident.
- A potential first-generation college student (neither parent has earned beyond an associate’s degree);
- A low-income individual; or
- An individual who has a high risk for academic failure.
- Has a need for academic support, as determined by the Upward Bound Faculty in order to pursue successfully a program of education beyond high school.
- At the time of initial selection, has completed the eighth grade and is at least 13 years old but not older than 19.
Ready to Apply? Click here