Application & Forms
Who is Eligible?
To participate in Virginia Tech’s Upward Bound programs, a student must be a high school student attending one of the following schools:
- Floyd County: Floyd High School
- Franklin County: Franklin High School
- Giles County: Giles & Narrows High Schools
- Henry County: Bassett & Magna Vista High Schools
- Lynchburg: E.C. Glass & Heritage High Schools
- Pulaski County: Pulaski High School
- Salem City: Salem High School
- Roanoke City: William Fleming and Patrick Henry High Schools
- Is a citizen or national of the United States or;
- Is a permanent resident of the United States or;
- Is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident.
- A potential first-generation college student (neither parent has earned beyond an associate’s degree);
- A low-income individual; or
- An individual who has a high risk for academic failure.
- Has a need for academic support, as determined by the Upward Bound Faculty in order to pursue successfully a program of education beyond high school.
- At the time of initial selection, has completed the eighth grade and is at least 13 years old but not older than 19.
Ready to Apply?
Fill out the form that corresponds with your school below.